The Andy Griffith Show episode guide – seasons 1 through 5
The Andy Griffith Show is one of the classic television series. It deals with the live of a small town Sheriff, Andy Taylor, played by Andy Griffith. Sheriff Andy’s a likeable, laid-back fellow, who’s typically correct with his homespun wisdom – but not infallible. He’s a widower, raising his son Opie (Ron Howard), with the help of his Aunt Bea (Frances Bavier).
The cast is rounded out by his overly serious, bumbling, loyal, and likeable deputy Barney Fife (Don Knotts), and a large cast of recurring characters. These include Gomer (Jim Nabors), Goober, Ellie, Helen Krump, and many more. Life in Mayberry is normally quiet, and the episodes reflect that, with minor issues being dealt with enjoyably.
- The Andy Griffith Show episode guide season 1
- The Andy Griffith Show‘s very first season – Andy, Barney (Don Knotts) and Aunt Bee are here… but Helen Crump isn’t … see how it all started
- The Andy Griffith Show episode guide season 2
- The second season – a collection of individual stories, dealing with the various characters interacting. Including multiple people trying (and failing) to set Andy up with a girlfriend.
- The Andy Griffith Show episode guide season 3
- More life in a small town, introducing the Darlings, and more importantly, Helen Krump.
- The Andy Griffith Show episode guide season 4
- The life in Mayberry continues, with more of the Darlings, Barney and Thelma, Andy and Helen, and Gomer joins the Marines (spinning off into his own series).
- The Andy Griffith Show episode guide season 5
- The final season with Don Knotts as Barney Fife, although the series continues for two more seasons