The Carol Burnett Show season 6 with William Conrad and Peggy Lee, originally aired March 17, 1973
This episode of The Carol Burnett Show include a series of short television spoofs:
- “Broad” – a parody of the then-popular sitcom, Maude. The sanctimonious Broad interviews a new “domestic engineer” (maid) named New Jersey, played by Isobel Sanford. Harvey Korman is hilarious as her subservient husband Walter. A funny visual joke is that Walter walks around in a shirt and tie, black socks and shoes … But no pants! Visually stating that he doesn’t wear the pants in the family.
- “Stunning and Glare” – a parody of the Sonny & Cher TV show. Harvey Korman is hilarious as the short Stunning. Carol Burnett is funny as the vicious Glare, and Vicki Lawrence as their daughter.
- Lyle Waggoner in “The Jack Lalane Show“. 92 years young!
- Carol Burnett and Vicki Lawrence in the “Gold Gigglers” show, as poor William Conrad tries to recite the Gettysburg Address.
Another installment of “Carol & Sis“. Carol’s husband Roger (Harvey Korman) tells the story of how he confronted a pickpocket. He beat him up and took back his wallet. But when police officer William Conrad arrives and begins investigating, a very different story unfolds! A very funny segment!
Cast of characters
- Carol Burnett … Self – Host / Various Characters
- Harvey Korman … Various Characters
- Vicki Lawrence … Various Characters
- Lyle Waggoner … Various Characters / Announcer
- Peggy Lee … Self – Musical Guest
- William Conrad (Cannon) … Self – Guest / Various Characters
- Isabel Sanford (Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner; The Jeffersons) … Maid
- Don Crichton … Dancer (uncredited)
- The Ernie Flatt Dancers … Dancers (uncredited)
- Bonnie Evans … Arlene – Gold Giggler / Dancer (uncredited)
- Toni Kaye … Mimsy – Gold Giggler / Dancer (uncredited)
- Stan Mazin … Dancer (uncredited)
- Gerri Reddick … Dancer (uncredited)