Justice League Episode Guide. In this action-packed adventure series, the world’s greatest superheroes, join forces as the Justice League to battle powerful villains, supernatural creatures and evil entities determined to take over the world and destroy the League. The League consists of:
- Wonder Woman
- Green Lantern
- The Flash
- J’onn J’onnz, the Martian Manhunter
The Justice League (and later the Justice League Unlimited cartoon series is one of the best cartoon series ever made. It’s an excellent blend of action, adventure, and character development. It begins with seven individuals, who are thrown together to save lives, and protect the innocent. In a very real sense, it’s a story of seven individuals. Each of them is alone or the last of their kind. And they bond into a family.
- Superman/Clark Kent – the man of steel, and last survivor of Krypton
- J’onn J’onnz – the Martian Manhunter, and the last survivor of the Green Martians. He’s gifted with super strength, flight, shape changing, intangibility and telepathy
- Wonder Woman/Diana – the Amazon princess, who becomes exiled from her home
- Hawkgirl/Shayara Hol – Thanagarian stranded millions of miles from her home world
- Batman/Bruce Wayne. Although he’s surrounded by a planet full of his own kind, in many ways he’s the most lonely member of the League
- Green Lantern/John Stewart. Former Marine, now a member of the interstellar Green Lantern Corps. He can create anything he can imagine with his power ring
- The Flash/Wally West. The world’s fastest man, fun and light-hearted, and in many ways the capstone of the League. As is pointed out in the classic Justice Lords episode.
Justice League episode guide
The inaugural season of the Justice League begins with the formation of the League. They deal with an invasion from Mars. It ends with the League traveling back in time. To undo the damage that Vandal Savage has done to history.
The second season of Justice League contains some of the best episodes of the series. It builds on the romantic feelings developing between John Stewart/Green Lantern and Hawkgirl … And culminates in the three-part episode Starcrossed, when Hawkgirl’s people come to Earth … And conquer it.
After the first two seasons the Justice League changes its two part episode format. It was renamed Justice League Unlimited. They greatly expand their roster of heroes … and villains.
The final season of Justice League Unlimited tells many good stories. With the thread of Lex Luthor joining the reformed Secret Society of Supervillians. A nod to the “Legion of Doom” from the earlier Superfriends cartoon series. And Luthor has a master plan to resurrect Braniac … Which backfires, and the series ends with the Secret Society having to join forces with the Justice League Unlimited. To pit their combined forces against the galaxy’s greatest villain.