The Thirteenth Hat / Batman Stands Pat – Batman season 1
The Thirteenth Hat / Batman Stands Pat – The Mad Hatter, Jervis Tetch, seeks revenge on the 12 jurors who convicted him. And Batman is #13
The Thirteenth Hat – February 22 1966
Jervis Tetsch, aka the Mad Hatter, is abducting all the jurors who convicted him of a previous crime. He is also taking their hats, as trophies. Twelve hats, since there are twelve jurors. Of course, he also blames Batman for his conviction. And wants his cowl, as the crowning achievement of his collection.
Mad Hatter: [disguised as artist Octave Marbot] I wonder what could be keeping Boy Wonder?
Batman: [bursting through door] Jervis Tetch! Your days of crime are over.
Mad Hatter: Not till I get your cowl, Batman, my thirteenth hat!
Batman Stands Pat – February 23 1966
Batman, thanks to “superior breath control”, is able to escape the plaster of Paris in which he was encased. Despite this, the Mad Hatter is still at large. But not fort long!
- This is actually based on a comic book story, from Batman #161.
- Unlike most of the villain’s death traps, encasing Batman in plaster of Paris was improvised during the fight.
- Interestingly, “The Thirteenth Hat” was the 13th episode of Batman.
- The Mad Hatter’s henchwoman, Lisa (Diane McBain) reappeared the next season as Pinky Pinkston in the Batman – Green Hornet crrossover.
Cast of characters
- Adam West (The Outlaws is Coming) … Batman
- Burt Ward (Batman the Movie) … Robin
- Alan Napier (The Mole People, House of Horrors) … Alfred
- Neil Hamilton (Tarzan the Ape Man, What Price Hollywood) … Commissioner Gordon
- Stafford Repp … Chief O’Hara
- Madge Blake … Mrs. Cooper
- David Wayne (The Andromeda Strain, The Prize Fighter) … The Mad Hatter
- Diane McBain … Lisa. The Mad Hatter’s henchwoman, working undercover at a hat shop.
- Roland La Starza … Cappy
- Sandra Wells … Babette
- Gil Perkins (Valley of the Dragons) … Dicer
- Alberto Morin … Octave Marbot. Sculptor, carving a likeness of Batman. Impersonated
- Monique LeMaire … Magda
- Norma Varden (Witness for the Prosecution) … Mrs. Monteagle