Curse of the Swamp Creature (1966) starring John Agar, Francine York
Synopsis of Curse of the Swamp Creature
An oil surveyor is tricked by a trio of criminals into bringing them along on his trip to a swamp land. Where a mad scientist is trying to create a lizard/human hybrid to prove an evolutionary theory – using unsuspecting victims as guinea pigs. And throw into the mix a voodoo cult, that decides to get revenge on the mad scientist for treating them so badly.
Review of Curse of the Swamp Creature
Cast of characters in Curse of the Swamp Creature
- Barry Rogers (John Agar, Tarantula) – the oil surveyor, who is tricked into taking along two criminals with him – who plan to rob him of the location of the oil deposit
- Simond Trent (Jeff Alexander, Zontar: The Thing from Venus) – a mad scientist working hidden in the swamp – in a nice suburban home. He hopes to prove that he can reverse evolution by transplanting gills and scales onto a human. Really. He treats his wife, co-workers, and pretty much everyone else like dirt.
- Pat Trent (Francine York, Space Probe Taurus) – lovely wife of the mad scientist, desperate to escape.
- Brenda Simmons (Shirley McLine, Attack of the Eye Creatures) – the scheming criminal mastermind. She uses her beauty to rob Driscoll West, pretend to be Mrs. West, hit on John Agar, and become the mad doctor’s last victim.
- Ritchie (Cal Duggan, Mars Needs Women) – the not-very-bright muscle of the criminal gang. Who’s stupid enough to think that he can rape a young lady in the mad scientist’s home. He deserves his death in quicksand and is not mourned.
- Tracker (Bill McGhee, Don’t Look in the Basement) – the guide through the swamp; a nice enough fellow.
- Rabbit Simms (Charles McLine, The Yesterday Machine)
- Frenchie (Roger Ready, Night Fright) – the crooked motel operator, helps Brenda with her plot at the hotel – and oddly enough, pays no penalty for his criminal actions.
- Driscoll West (Bill Thurman, Close Encounters of the Third Kind) – the oil surveyor, who beats Ritchie when he finds him going through his papers – only to be killed by him once his back is turned.
- Tom (Tony Huston, The Hellcats) – the mad scientist’s surgical assistant, who becomes one of his victims