She Demons (1958) starring Irish McCalla, Tod Griffin, Victor Sen Yung
She Demons – A hurricane, island castaways, beautiful girls, Nazis, a mad scientist, weird experiments, female monsters & a volcano! Prime ingredients for a horror exploitation film. Delightfully cheesy.
- Irish McCalla (Five Gates to Hell) … Jerrie Turner. The spoiled, beautiful, rich young woman with a bad attitude. Soon enough, she starts falling in love with …
- Tod Griffin (She Devil) … Fred Maklin. The male protagonist. A man of action.
- Victor Sen Yung (Charlie Chan in Reno, Bonanza) … Sammy Ching. Fred’s friend, and right hand man.
- Rudolph Anders (The Great Dictator, Phantom from Space) … Colonel Karl Osler. The Nazi mad scientist. He’s found a source of limitless power, courtesy of the island’s volcano. And, he distorts beautiful women into She Demons. In an attempt to cure his wife Mona’s deformity.
- Gene Roth (Earth vs The Spider, Dunked in the Deep) … Igor. Rather nasty Nazi guard. He attempts to kill Fred. Although he gives Fred a beating…. Fred kills him.
- Leni Tana … Mona Osler. The colonel’s wife, accidentally disfigured in one of his experiments. A sympathetic character, who surreptitiously tries to help Jerrie escape.
- Charles Opunui … Kris Kamana. Fred’s friend and shipmate. Early on, he “feels” evil on the island. And he’s right. He’s soon afterward murdered by the She Demons.
- Whitey Hughes
- Bill Coontz … Storm Trooper
- Billy Dix … Storm Trooper
- Larry Gelbman … Storm Trooper
- Maureen Janzen … She Demon
- Grace Mathews … She Demon
- Michael Stoycoff … Storm Trooper
- The Diane Nellis Dancers … The She Demons
Editorial review of She Demons courtesy of Amazon.com
Heroic, but dull, Fred Maklin and beautiful, but spoiled, Jerrie Turner wash up on an uncharted tropical island. They are soon captured by ex-Nazi Colonel Osler, who also has imprisoned a bevy of beauty contest winners whom he allows to be whipped by his slavering Nazi storm troopers. He has, you see, been extracting some glandular substance from the girls to inject into his wife Mona, who suffered terrible facial disfigurement, in efforts to restore her beauty. Things get worse as the island is used for test bombing by the US Air Force.