Christopher Robin (2018) starring Ewan McGregor, Hayley Atwell – a truly wonderful film, where he relearns what’s TRULY important in life.
Christopher Robin (2018) starring Ewan McGregor, Hayley Atwell
Winnie The Pooh: People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
Christopher Robin is a very funny, sweet, wonderful movie. What happened to Christopher Robin – the young boy whose childhood friends were Pooh Bear, Piglet, Tigger, Eeyore, Kangaroo & Roo, and Owl? In this movie, things have gone both wrong and right for him. He bravely served in World War II, fell in love with a sweet, beautiful woman, got married, had a daughter. But along the way, he began working at a job he hated — to provide for them. And he’s forgotten the joy and childlike fun of his childhood. And, he’s neglecting what’s truly important.
Evelyn Robin: You won’t be coming to the cottage?
Christopher Robin: It can’t be helped.
Evelyn Robin: Your life is happening now, right in front of you.
Until the imaginary creatures show up. How? Doesn’t matter, and the movie doesn’t address it. They’re not imaginary, since his wife & other adults see them. And, they’re determined to rescue their old friend.
It’s sweet, fun, and magical. It’s a reminder that growing up doesn’t mean growing old, or bitter. I highly recommend it — unreservedly.
In this heartwarming tale from Disney, Christopher Robin, the boy who had countless adventures in the Hundred Acre Wood, has grown up and lost his way. Now it’s up to his spirited and loveable stuffed animals, Winnie The Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, and the rest of the gang, to rekindle their friendship and remind him of endless days of childlike wonder and make-believe, when doing nothing was the very best something.
Cast of characters
- Ewan McGregor (Star Wars Episode I) … Christopher Robin
- Hayley Atwell (Captain America: The First Avenger; Agent Carter) … Evelyn Robin
- Bronte Carmichael … Madeline Robin
- Mark Gatiss … Giles Winslow. The villain – a cliched boss, who has Christopher do all the work, while he’ll take all the credit. Wants Christopher to break his word to his family and work all weekend. And then, lays a guilt trip on him, to pressure him into it.
- Oliver Ford Davies (Johnny English) … Old Man Winslow. Giles’ father, the founder of the company. Who really does care about his workers.
- Orton O’Brien … Young Christopher Robin
- Katy Carmichael … Christopher’s Mother
- Tristan Sturrock … Christopher’s Father
- Paul Chahidi … Cecil Hungerford
The Stuffed Animals
- Jim Cummings (Aladdin; Winnie the Pooh 2011) … Winnie the Pooh / Tigger (voice)
- Brad Garrett (Gleason; Tangled; Ratatouille) … Eeyore (voice)
- Nick Mohammed (The Martian) … Piglet (voice)
- Peter Capaldi (Doctor Who; World War Z) … Rabbit (voice)
- Sophie Okonedo (Æon Flux; Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls) … Kanga (voice)
- Sara Sheen … Roo (voice)
- Toby Jones (Captain America: The First Avenger; ) … Owl (voice)