McLintock! (1963) starring John Wayne, Maureen O’Hara
McLintock! is a personal favorite. Equal parts Western, comedy, and romance – and it excels at all three. With an all-star cast of truly great performances!
- The big fight scene at the party! “Fight fair …”
- G.W. McLintock and Mrs. Warren getting drunk, trying to walk up the stairs …. And failing. Only for Kate to see it! And then all three fall down the stairs!
- Then Drago tries to help McLintock up the stairs …. And they both fall down the stairs!
- Setting off a firecracker to cut off the Governor’s long-winded speech.
- The horse race — where the contestants have to hold a raw egg in their mouths!
- The Governor getting “egged” by a rider after Kate tells him off.
- Kate accidentally “tarred and feathered” after the Native Americans shoot up the town.
- McLintock & Kate’s reconciling fight! Kate’s running, G.W.’s pursuing, and it’s hilarious!
Cast of characters
- John Wayne (The Quiet Man) … George Washington ‘G.W.’ McLintock
- Maureen O’Hara (Dance Girl Dance) … Katherine Gilhooley McLintock. G.W. still calls her “Kate”.
- Patrick Wayne (The Searchers) … Devlin Warren. Poor, but honest young man, chasing Becky. Not because she’s wealthy, either.
- Stefanie Powers (Hart to Hart, Herbie Rides Again) … Rebecca ‘Becky’ McLintock
- Jack Kruschen (The Apartment, War of the Worlds) … Jake Birnbaum
- Chill Wills (Meet Me in St. Louis) … Drago. McLintock’s best friend & right-hand man.
- Yvonne De Carlo (The Munsters, The Ten Commandments) … Louise Warren. Widow, hired by McLintock as his new cook. And unintentionally makes Kate jealous. Until she reveals that she’s now engaged to the sheriff.
- Jerry Van Dyke (Coach, Yes Dear) … Matt Douglas Jr. The city slicker, chasing after Becky. Who has no business riding a horse!
- Edgar Buchanan (Petticoat Junction, Penny Serenade) … Bunny Dull
- Bruce Cabot (King Kong) … Ben Sage
- Perry Lopez (Kelly’s Heroes) … Davey Elk
- Strother Martin (Cool Hand Luke) … Agard
- Gordon Jones (The Abbott and Costello Show, Flying Tigers) … Matt Douglas
- Robert Lowery (House of Horrors, Batman and Robin 1949) … Gov. Cuthbert H. Humphrey
- Hank Worden (Red River) … Curly Fletcher
- Michael Pate (The Court Jester) … Puma
- Edward Faulkner (The Navy vs the Night Monsters) … Young Ben Sage
- Mari Blanchard (Abbott and Costello go to Mars) … Camille Reedbottom
- Leo Gordon (The Giant Leeches) … Jones
- Chuck Roberson (The Alamo) … Sheriff Jeff Lord
- Bob Steele (The Big Sleep, Giant from the Unknown) … Train Engineer
- Aissa Wayne … Alice Warren
- Big John Hamilton … Fauntleroy Sage (as ‘Big’ John Hamilton)
Rousing western-comedy starring John Wayne as feisty cattleman G.W. McLintock, who finds his life suddenly complicated with the arrival of estranged wife Katherine (Maureen O’Hara). Seeking a divorce and wanting custody of their teenage daughter, she carries on a battle with McLintock that leads to a famous drag-down muddy brawl. Yvonne DeCarlo, Stefanie Powers, Jerry Van Dyke, and Jack Kruschen star in this Movies Unlimited favorite. 126 min. Widescreen; Soundtrack: English. Region Free