Haunted Honeymoon is a spoof of the 1950’s haunted house / comedy movies, where newlyweds Gene Wilder & Gilda Radner spend their honeymoon at his old family home. But …
Haunted Honeymoon (1986) starring Gene Wilder, Gilda Radner, Dom DeLuise
I honestly like Haunted Honeymoon. It’s quirky, and fun, but it does have some issues. The pacing’s not ideal, but the casting’s good, and it’s definitely funny. The scene with Gene Wilder, and his childhood butler friend in the basement, is absolutely hilarious! It’s truly laugh-out-loud funny. The “werewolf” subplot is silly, as is the ending. But, on the whole, it’s a funny movie, and Dom DeLuise absolutely shines in his role as Aunt Katie!
Product description of Haunted Honeymoon
What do you get when you combine three of Hollywood’s most hysterical talents with a creaky old castle and a werewolf legend? An “amiable, kinky blend of high jinks and horror” (The Hollywood Reporter) that’ll leave you howling with laughter! Starring Gene Wilder, Gilda Radner and Dom DeLuise, this “ingenious, amusing horror comedy [will] put a smile on your face and keep it there” (Los Angeles Times)!
At the mansion of his Great Aunt Kate (DeLuise), Larry Abbot (Wilder) is undergoing a psychological procedure designed to rid him of his irrational phobias by frightening them right out of him! But the jolts and frights may turn out to be the least of his problems when Great Kate names him her sole heir. Suddenly, the entire family seems a little too vigorous in participating with his “scare-apy,”leading Larry to believe that one of his jealous kin may be murderous and that another may be werewolverous!
Cast of characters
- Gene Wilder (Silver Streak) … Larry Abbot
- Gilda Radner (Hanky Panky) … Vickie Pearle
- Dom DeLuise (The Secret of NIMH) … Aunt Kate
- Jonathan Pryce … Charles
- Bryan Pringle (Berserk) … Pfister
- Peter Vaughan … Francis Abbot Sr.
- Eve Ferret … Sylvia
- Paul L. Smith … Dr. Paul Abbot
- Julann Griffin … Nora
- Jim Carter (102 Dalmatians) … Montego
- Jo Ross … Susan
- Roger Ashton-Griffiths … Francis Jr.
- Always in All Ways
- By Leo Robin, W. Franke Harling & Richard A. Whiting
- Performed by Gilda Radner and Gene Wilder
- Famous Music Corporation
- Ballin’ the Jack
- By Chris Smith & Jim Burris
- Performed by Gilda Radner and Dom DeLuise
- Christie-Max Music; Jerry Vogel Music Company, Inc.; Edward B. Marks Music Company
- Get Happy
- By Harold Arlen & Ted Koehler
- Performed by Gene Wilder
- Warner Brothers Music, a division of Warner Brothers, Inc.
- Hot Lips
- By Henry Busse, Henry Lange & Lou Davis
- Used by permission of CBS Robbins Catalog, Inc.
- Isn’t It Romantic
- By Richard Rodgers & Lorenz Hart
- Performed by Bryan Pringle
- Famous Music Corporation
- Who’s Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf
- By Ann Ronell & Frank Churchill
- Bourne Company