Shoot a Crooked Arrow – The Archer (Art Carney) decides to rob from the rich, give to the poor, and pilfer Batman’s Gotham City!
Shoot A Crooked Arrow / Walk The Straight And Narrow – Batman season 2
Archer and his gang have come to Gotham City, winning the public’s favor with their Robin Hood style deeds of stealing from the rich to give to the poor.
The Archer: Now heed this: I’m gonna rob from the rich and give to the poor.
Batman: How unoriginal!
Narrator: [During bat-fight] Zap-eth! Thwacke! !ox?-eth! Wham-eth! Clunk-eth! Thwape!
- Alfred doing a duel with The Archer as a distraction. The traditional “split an arrow” routine is exaggerated to the point of hilarity!
- Poor Alfred gets put in a guillotine! But it’s a stage magician’s prop … which Batman knew all the time, of course.
- It’s hilarious that nobody suspects that money man Allen A. Dale Dale could possibly be involved with the criminal gang.
- Maid Marilyn drives the “Trojan Hearse” truck from the horse-riding villains to disappear into.
- Although there’s an obscure DC Comics villain named The Archer, he has nothing to do with this character.
- Oddly, despite Art Carney’s history of comedy, The Archer is played totally straight.
Walk The Straight And Narrow
Batman and Robin escape their previous peril and are back in action seeking to foil the Archer and his gang.
- Bat-springs in their boots to hop out of the death trap?
Cast of characters
- Adam West (The Outlaws is Coming) … Batman
- Burt Ward (Batman the Movie) … Robin
- Alan Napier (The Mole People, House of Horrors) … Alfred
- Neil Hamilton (Tarzan the Ape Man, What Price Hollywood) … Commissioner Gordon
- Stafford Repp … Chief O’Hara
- Madge Blake … Mrs. Cooper
- Art Carney (The Honeymooners, Going in Style) … The Archer
- Barbara Nichols (The Human Duplicators, The Disorderly Orderly) … Maid Marilyn
- Robert Cornthwaite (The Thing from Another World, The War of the Worlds) … Allan A. Dale
- Doodles Weaver (The Birds) … Crier Tuck
- Loren Ewing … Big John
- Archie Moore (The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn) … Everett Bannister. The poor vending machine owner robbed by the Archer.
- Robert Adler … First Poor Person
- Heidi Winston … Second Poor Person
- Kitty Kelly … Third Poor Person