Mad Monster Party (1967) starring Boris Karloff, Phyllis Diller
Synopsis of Mad Monster Party
Baron Von Frankenstein (voice of Boris Karloff) has decided to retire as the head of the Worldwide Organization of Monsters. But first, he must inform the other monsters about his plans. How to deliver the news? How else – through a MAD MONSTER PARTY!
Cast of characters
- Boris Karloff (Frankenstein 1931) as Baron Boris von Frankenstein. The elderly Baron Frankenstein wants to retire as the head of the monsters. He hopes to have his nephew take over … but some of the monsters have other ideas.
- Alan Swift (Underdog) as Felix Flanken. The Baron’s nephew, whom he wants to take over the “family business”. But Felix isn’t interested, or frankly all that qualified. But that won’t stop the other monsters from trying to remove the competition!
- Swift also provided the voice of primary characters: Count Dracula, Frankenstein’s Monster “Fang”, the Werewolf, the Hunchback of Notre-Dame, the Invisible Man, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, and “It”, in addition to supporting characters.
- Gale Garnett as Francesca. She feels that she’s earned the right to take over the Worldwide Organization of Monsters. And she resents Felix being offered the position. With the help of several of the monsters, she plans to “remove” him. Until …
- Phyllis Diller as the Monster’s mate / Bride of Frankenstein. Oddly, she pretty much plays her normal comedic character here. She even refers to Frankenstein’s Monster as “Fang”.
Editorial review of Mod Monster Party courtesy of Amazon.com
WELCOME TO A CREEPY CREATURE CONVENTION! When Dr. Frankenstein decides to retire from the monster-making business, he calls an international roster of monsters to a creepy convention to elect his successor. Everyone is there including Dracula, The Werewolf, The Creature, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and many more! But Frankenstein’s title is not all that’s at stake. The famous Doctor has also discovered the secret of total destruction that must not fall into the wrong hands! Including the talents of BORIS KARLOFF and PHYLLIS DILLER, MAD MONSTER PARTY is a musical, magical delight that will entertain children of all ages.
- Mad Monster Party, Music and Lyrics by Maury Laws and Jules Bass Performed by Ethel Ennis
- You’re Different, Music and Lyrics by Maury Laws and Jules Bass Performed by The Monster’s Mate (Phyllis Diller)
- One Step Ahead, Music and Lyrics by Maury Laws and Jules Bass Performed by Chorus with Baron Von Frankenstein (Boris Karloff)
- Our Time to Shine, Music and Lyrics by Maury Laws and Jules Bass Performed by Francesca (Gale Garnett)
- Never Was A Love Like Ours, Music and Lyrics by Maury Laws and Jules Bass Performed by Francesca (Gale Garnett)
- Do the Mummy, Music and Lyrics by Maury Laws and Jules Bass, Performed by Little Tibia and the Fibias (Dyke and the Blazers)