The Mummy’s Shroud (1967), starring Andre Morell, John Phillips, David Buck, Elizabeth Sellars
Synopsis of The Mummy’s Shroud
In The Mummy’s Shroud, a small archeological party headed by Sir Basil Walden (Andre Morell) discover the hidden tomb of Kah-to-Bey. Despite a warning from the wild-eyed guardian Hasmid Ali (Roger Delgado) they take Kah-to-Bey to Cairo. Once there, they place him next to the mummy of Prem his devoted slave and protector. The mystical hieroglyphic shroud that covers Kat-to-Bey’s body is read aloud by Ali and restores Prem to life resulting in an unstoppable murder spree …
- André Morell (The Giant Behemoth, She) … Sir Basil Walden
- John Phillips … Stanley Preston
- David Buck … Paul Preston
- Elizabeth Sellars … Barbara Preston
- Maggie Kimberly … Claire
- Michael Ripper (The Reptile, The Brides of Dracula) … Longbarrow
- Tim Barrett … Harry
- Richard Warner … Inspector Barrani
- Roger Delgado (Doctor Who: Terror of the Autons) … Hasmid
- Catherine Lacey … Haiti
- Dickie Owen … Prem. Frankly, I feel for poor Prem. He’s simply trying to protect the young Pharaoh.
- Bruno Barnabe … Pharaoh
- Toni Gilpin … Pharaoh’s Wife
- Toolsie Persaud … Kah-to-Bey
- Eddie Powell … The Mummy
- Andreas Malandrinos … The Curator
Editorial review of The Mummy’s Shroud courtesy of Amazon.com
The time is 1920; the place is Mezzera, Egypt, an exotic land of mystery and ancient magic. A routine expedition is about to turn into a violent, murderous rampage that few will survive.
Renowned scientist Sir Basil Walden and a team of expert archaeologists are on a journey to find the lost tomb of pharaoh Kah-to-Bey. Having ignored warnings of a deathly curse, the expedition unearths the pharaoh’s final resting place with horrific consequences. A vengeful spirit has been unleashed and it wants their flesh…
Directed by John Gilling (The Reptile, The Plague Of The Zombies), Hammer’s The Mummy’s Shroud has gained cult notoriety for its gruesome murder sequences and its stunning climax. A true terror from the tombs!