Pardners (1956) starring Jerry Lewis, Dean Martin
Synopsis of Pardners
Review of Pardners
Cast of characters in Pardners
- Slim Moseley (Dean Martin, My Friend Irma). The protagonist, singing cowboy, who’s trying to keep his fiancée’s ranch afloat. Despite the recurring raids by the mysterious “masked raiders”. Who would have won the rodeo and the prize bull, except for the bumbling interference of …
- Wade Kingsley (Jerry Lewis, The Nutty Professor). Rich, pampered, good-hearted and inept. He desperately wants to follow in the footsteps of his father. And become best friends with his late father’s partner’s son. Despite repeatedly making Slim’s life miserable.
- Carol Kingsley (Lori Nelson, Revenge of the Creature). Slim’s fiancée, who’s trying to keep her ranch from foreclosure. And Wade’s cousin, who asks Wade’s mother for a loan to keep the ranch afloat.
- Mrs. Matilda Kingsley (Agnes Moorehead, Citizen Kane). Wade’s controlling mother – and widow. Who wants nothing to do with the West, cattle, ranches, etc. She has been controlling Wade his entire life … until he escapes.
- Pete Rio (Jeff Morrow, This Island Earth). Slim’s right-hand man … whose loyalty may be in doubt …
- Dolly Riley (Jackie Loughery, Burke’s Law). The lovely young lady on the runaway coach … That Wade rescues (with the unseen help of Slim) and falls in love with.
- Dan Hollis (John Baragrey, The Colossus of New York). The banker, who seems nice. And definitely interested in Carol. And, as crooked as his father, the leader of the masked raiders.
- Cowboys – several famous actors made an appearance as various cowboys, including:
Songs in Pardners
- Buckskin Beauty (Music by Jimmy Van Heusen, Lyrics by Sammy Cahn, Sung by Jerry Lewis)
- The Wind! The Wind! (Music by Jimmy Van Heusen, Lyrics by Sammy Cahn, Sung by Dean Marti)
- Pardners (Music by Jimmy Van Heusen, Lyrics by Sammy Cahn, , Sung by Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis)
- Me ‘n You ‘n the Moon (Music by Jimmy Van Heusen, Lyrics by Sammy Cahn, Sung by Dean Martin)
Editorial review of Pardners courtesy of Amazon.com
As a result, he nearly gets himself blown to smitherines, but Martin shows up in the nick of time to rescue Lewis and help him capture the bad guys. Lori Nelson and Jackie Loughery supply the film’s peripheral romantic angle. Pardners ends with Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis turning to the camera and promising that they’ll keep on making pictures for their faithful fans; ironically, the team was breaking up even while the cameras were turning.