Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves, starring Rick Moranis
Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves – in this sequel, Rick Moranis accidentally shrinks himself, his wife, and the neighbor parents. And have to get back to normal!
Cast of characters
- Rick Moranis (Spaceballs) … Wayne
- Eve Gordon (The World According to Gary) … Diane Szalinski
- Bug Hall … Adam Szalinski
- Robin Bartlett (Shutter Island) … Patti Szalinski
- Stuart Pankin (Arachnaphobia) … Gordon Szalinski
- Allison Mack (Smallville, Superman/Batman: Public Enemies) … Jenny Szalinski
- Jake Richardson … Mitch Szalinski
Editorial review of Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves courtesy of Amazon.com
Wayne Szalinksi is back, and this time when his notorious shrink machine misfires, it’s the adults who are shrunk. Believing their parents have left them home alone for the weekend, the kids take advantage of their newfound unsupervised freedom by filling up on junk food, Rollerblading in the house, playing loud music, and throwing a party for their friends. While desperately trying to get the kids to notice them, since they are only three quarters of an inch tall, the adults are able to learn a few things about their offspring. The film was extremely complicated to produce, with almost 400 composite shots totaling approximately 40 minutes of screen time. Dream Quest Images, which produced the visual effects, had the advantage of new technologies that were not available when the first film in the series was made.
[Updated January 14, 2022]