The Carol Burnett Show – Season 3 Episode 4 – Comedian Scoey Mitchell is Carol’s guest for this episode. Highlights include “The Queen Elizabeth Show” including a Q&A, and a “Queen & Sis” sketch. Originally aired October 13, 1969
Comedy sketches concern the first Negro president, royalty, old folks and a “sample” family.
Scoey Mitchell standup comedy
Tells a variety of jokes including the parrot who can only say, “Who is it?” It’s the plumber!
The Queen Elizabeth Show
In a very funny sketch, Carol “imagines” what it would be like if Queen Elizabeth had her own weekly television show. And it followed the exact same format as The Carol Burnett Show! Starting with a Q&A session, etc. before segueing into “Queen & Sis” …
Prince Philip (Harvey Korman): Thank you. [bends forward, we hear his pants ripping]
Queen Elizabeth (Carol Burnett): Don’t feel bad, Philip. After all, it is opening night.
Queen & Sis
Queen Elizabeth and her younger sister, Princess Margaret — played by Vicki Lawrence — play off each other, as well as Prince Philip (Harvey Korman). The princess wants to go out with a commoner — a photographer. He’s already taken her picture. Published in a Playboy-style magazine, where she’s the centerfold! Outraged, Queen Elizabeth goes to show it to her husband. And he comments that he married the wrong sister!
The Old Folks
Harvey Korman and Carol Burnett as an elderly Prince Philip and Queen Elizabeth.
Cast of characters
- Carol Burnett (The Carol Burnett Show season 1) … Self – Host / Various
- Harvey Korman (Dracula Dead and Loving It) … Various Characters
- Vicki Lawrence (The Carol Burnett Show – Showstoppers and Let’s Bump Up the Lights) … Various Characters
- Lyle Waggoner (The Best of The Carol Burnett Show Volume One) … Various Characters / Announcer
- Scoey Mitchell … Self – Guest
- Bobbie Gentry … Self – Guest
- Stan Mazin … Dancer
- Harry Tatarian … Antony Armstrong-Jones
- The Ernie Flatt Dancers (The Carol Burnett Show – Sid Caesar and Liza Minelli) … Dancers (uncredited)
- Dale Lookholder … Audience member (uncredited)